By Hugh Robertson and Barrie Heather. Illustrated by Derek Onley.
432 pages and 74 colour plates.
This is the only field guide to New Zealand birds officially endorsed by the Ornithological Society of New Zealand. The revised edition, features the latest information and an introduction to key bird-watching sites.
- Comprehensive and easy to use
- 74 stunning colour paintings of New Zealand birds, including rare and recently extinct species
- Distribution maps and in-depth guide to field identification
- Additional handbook section including details on the distribution, habitat, population, conservation, breeding, behaviour and feeding habits of each species
- Paintings by a leading New Zealand bird artist and text by two renowned New Zealand bird experts, assisted by many other birdwatchers and scientists
Publication date: 06/2000