Milen Marinov & Mike Ashbee |168 pages | paperback
Superb fliers with extraordinary vision and startling colours, dragonflies and damselflies are exquisite examples of evolutionary adaptation and a favourite of nature lovers around the world. This book is a beautifully illustrated natural history and field guide to New Zealand’s 14 species of dragonflies and damselflies.
- Expert and up-to-date information on the 14 species breeding in New Zealand.
- Natural history of the group including an introduction to evolution, habitats, biology, behaviour, photography and conservation.
- More than 200 new photographs and hand-drawn illustrations of dragonflies and damselflies at all life stages in their environment.
- Authoritative text on each species covering identification, measurement, behaviour, breeding, flying period and where to observe the species.
- Range maps for all species.